Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Yawkey Inn Post-Op Day 8

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 – 8th day following the PA band surgery
This morning was the first day it had rained since we arrived in Boston.  I must say that I was a bit relieved to simply stay inside curled up in my pjs working while Diego watched cartoons.  I think Diego and I were both feeling some of the stress lifting this morning.  It is amazing how you just keep moving forward under the pressure never realizing how exhausted you are emotionally and physically.  This morning it felt like I exhaled for the first time in almost one year.  I know that we still have another battle to fight, but for now it felt good to just breathe.
Well deserved Captain Diego!
Diego loves history; therefore, he was very interested in seeing Boston.  We decided to take the Ducktours this afternoon after the rain stopped.  We thought this would be an easy way for Diego to see Boston and learn about the history of this great city.  The “conducktor” even let Diego drive for awhile!  By the time the tour was over, you could see in Diego’s face that he was exhausted so we took a cab back to the Yawkey Inn for the night.  Diego truly enjoyed his afternoon excursion. 

1 comment:

  1. Ben was thrilled to see Diego up and about and even playing Pac Man! I think Ben was jealous... ;-) So glad you guys may be home soon!!!

    ReplyDelete