Monday, July 16, 2012

Jumping for Joy!!!

I did it….it’s official…I regained my living room back and all thanks to my middle daughter, Lucia.  We are a family of 5 living in a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom home.  My 2 youngest children, Lucia and Diego, have shared a room together for the past 9 years.  During this past winter Lucia took a stand!  She was refusing to live in the same room with her brother any longer.  She developed and presented multiple options to solve her problem.  After much consideration, Cesar and I decided we would enlist the help of our brother-in-law to convert the garage into Diego’s Cave. 
Diego wanted to spend his saved money on a TV for his room.  I’ve never been a big fan of my children having electronics in their bedroom, but the more I thought about this the more I realized it would be nice to no longer have a multitude of gaming systems in control of the living room.  Reluctantly this weekend, I gave in and let Diego buy a TV for his room. 
A few weeks ago my cousin encouraged me to purchase a mini trampoline.  She has been using it for a while now to increase muscle tone and as a cardio workout.  This morning, I felt rejuvenated when I came into the living room and did not have to fight for my time to jump.  Therefore this morning I set a goal to jump each day for Diego’s heart until we leave for his first surgery on August 26th, which is Lucia’s birthday.   42 days of jumping has begun, wish me luck!

1 comment: