Friday, August 24, 2012

Hip, Hip, Hooray!!!

At the end of the school day on Friday, August 24th, the Eisenhower students and staff organized an all school assembly to give Diego a heartfelt farewell.  Mme Barnes presented Diego with a package of letters from every EIS student.  He was told that inside the letters were uplifting words of encouragement for him to read after his surgery.  At the close of the assembly, the entire school gave Diego three Earth shattering Hip, Hip, Hoorays!!!  It was astonishing to say the least.  The image that will be forever engraved in my memory is the moment during the assembly where I said a few words of gratitude and began to tear up.  A very humble and sweet Diego walked over to me and put his hand on my shoulder to offer his support to his mother.  I stand in awe at his bravery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment